This week I’ve done a ton of smaller things aside from the what I’ve already shown!
For Secrets of Grindea, I made an additional grave for the normal/bad ending and have spent a lot of time trying out various ways to do one of the final backgrounds where we’d like to have some sort of transition between a bright blue sky and a starlit black one. This transition has proven more difficult to get right than I expected, so I’m going to have to experiment some more before finalizing things.
For Tales of Grindea, I’ve made some changes to what characters I’ll be using, meaning I’m in the midst of rewriting some things. We also decided to make a change from having two separate main character portraits and using the one not selected by the player for their cousin/rival, to letting the cousin have a proper design of their own. This means I’ll make a portrait for them at some point, although for now I’ll spend more of my time focusing on our new game concepts and starting up the PR side of SoG’s release.
For Little Vampire, the brainstorming and worldbuilding continues. Although we don’t know if this is the project we’ll go for in the end, it’s a lot of fun to think about all of the possibilities within the setting.
I’ve also started up a new personal writing project, making a proper outline for an idea that’s been in the pipeline for way too long. The story is inspired by the chinese xianxia genre, which I think is way underused in the west – I’ll tell you more about that once I’ve done some more work on it.