This week has been busy! Not only am I on the home stretch of the last bits of Secrets of Grindea graphic assets, I also made this new website, which is what has taken up most of the time I have alotted for other projects.
For those of you who have been around for a while, you’ll know that I used to blog on a dusty old blogspot page. I already had a domain name pointing to that, but for the new project I wanted a proper place to host a proper site. Doing research on what host would provide the best function for the bucks took up a lot of hours. In the end, I went for a wordpress based site with the same host and setup as our Secrets of Grindea website – something sort of familiar, at least.
Designing the thing was the next step. I barely know any CSS or html, but I’m curious and have always loved playing around with that sort of thing (on a strictly no-idea-what-I’m-doing basis). At first I started off with a super basic wordpress theme that looked alright but didn’t suit my needs when it came to the actual blog posts – which to me is more or less the most important part of this site.
The second attempt involved a new base theme and a lot more editing, but since the blog layout was a lot better from the get go, I believe it was worth it. Perhaps some pages don’t look as clean as in that first layout, that’s alright – the site does what it’s supposed to do for now, which is providing information and blog posts in a readable, decent looking way!
With any luck, everything keeps on working from here! Let me know if you spot anything I should fix 🙂
One thought on “Misc Project – New Website”
The new website looks amazing 🙂